Sunday, March 27, 2011

That's Not In My Job Description

I recently completed a series on getting your home ready to sell

In one post, I mention cleaning... but the focus of that post is about staging...about selling fantasy.   Today I stumbled across a post about the opposite of that... about a true nightmare.  Take a look!

This post is by a stager.  Although I applaud the completed job, the real transformation was *cleaning*. 

Sure, the final "AFTER" photos include many staging elements.  (Please do check out the after photos).  But,  I can not overstress the importance of cleaning up the mess.

And, despite some implications, no... cleaning is not the job of a REALTOR or stager.  If an owner wishes to sell a property that looks like this, well, best of luck to them.
 
Clicky Web Analytics